In 1977, designer Gale Epstein created a handmade lingerie set for her friend, Lida Orzeck, crafted out of embroidered handkerchiefs.
The original designs wowed retailers and industry experts and were the inspiration for the company name, Hanky Panky.
With the inception of the hanky set in the seventies to the thongs of today, Hanky Panky continues to influence trends in lingerie and sleepwear. Blending traditional with modern glam looks, Hanky Panky proudly provides brilliant solutions for fashion fit issues by remaining dedicated to innovative design, comfort, quality and US production.
The World’s Most Comfortable Thong
Hanky Panky set a new standard for thongs when the 4811 was introduced in 1986. In a front page Wall Street Journal article about them in 2004, Hanky Panky’s thongs were described as “lace butter”. Leading fashion magazines and celebrities regularly extol their revolutionary comfort and beauty.
Hanky Panky garments are made from the best materials. Components are chosen for their specific stretch qualities, softness and fit. Also, 100% of the fabrics and trims used to make them Signature Lace styles are knitted in the USA. Even the Supima® cotton fibers used to make crotch linings are grown in the USA. them Signature Lace is an exclusive pattern available only to Hanky Panky.
Hanky Panky have been making them signature lace styles for a long time now, and there are many knockoffs available at every price point. Them are still far and away the superior product. Many of the copycats may look the same superficially, but they do not have them exclusive laces (protected by copyright), and they do not have them signature fit, feel and long life. Also, many of these copycats are manufactured in countries where there is no guarantee of humane working conditions, so these “bargains” may come at the cost of the health and safety of the people who make them.
Green is our favorite color at Hanky Panky! From the workplace to product and sourcing we make the very best attempt to be as environmentally responsible as they can.
- Hanky Panky has been manufacturing in the Northeast area of the USA since 1977. This saves time, fuel, and shipping costs, drastically reducing the generation of CO2. It also allows us to monitor both the quality of our products in the factories and the working conditions.
- 100% of the fabrics and trims used to make our Signature Lace styles are knitted in the USA. Even the Supima® cotton fibers used to make the lining are grown in the USA. Supima® cotton has a smaller environmental impact than foreign-grown cottons. According to Supima.org, “The implementations of new technologies allow U.S. cotton producers to minimize the impact on the environment by using less water, land and energy.”
- Hanky Panky strive to make them packaging and shipping materials easily recyclable.
- Them purchase only 100% recycled paper for all printers and copy machines, and re-use the back of photocopies for notes and sketches.
- Instead of water coolers with plastic bottles, we installed filters to purify NYC tap water, and each employee is provided with a BPA-free reusable water cup.