La Perla is an Italian clothing company specializing in lingerie.
La Perla was founded in 1954 by corset-maker Ada Masotti, in Bologna, Italy. The company began manufacturing swimwear in 1971. La Perla opened boutiques in 1991, in Milan and Paris. In 1993, La Perla expanded into perfume, with a perfume bottle designed by Pierre Dinand.
La Perla expanded into India in 2007.In July 2007 JH Partners LLC, a private equity firm, acquired a 70 percent stake in La Perla. In October 2007 JH Partners LLC acquired the remaining 30 percent of the La Perla Group from a firm run by the founding Masoti family called Nute Partecipazioni.