Maria Izabel Goulart Dourado (born October 23, 1984), better known as Izabel Goulart, is a Brazilian model.
She is best known as one of the Victoria’s Secret Angels from 2005 to 2008 and for her work with Armani Exchange.
Early Life And Career
Goulart was born on October 23, 1984, in São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil. She is of Italian descent and has four brothers and one sister. Goulart once said, “the hardest part about being Victoria’s Secret Angel] is I spend time away from my mom’s food and away from my home with my five brothers and sister”. School was a particularly rough time for Goulart, as she was made fun of for her skinny build and was called names such as “giraffe”.
While shopping for groceries with her mother at age 14, a hairstylist suggested that she should become a model. She moved to the state capital, São Paulo, and started modeling.
During Goulart’s first ever fashion show appearance, she experienced a wardrobe malfunction when her top fell open. The incident made many Brazilian newspapers. She eventually put this event behind her and returned to the runway to model collections for A-list designers such as Bill Blass, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Jil Sander, Chanel, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and Stella McCartney, among others. Goulart has also modeled for H&M, Express, Neiman Marcus, Missoni and Dsquared.
She first appeared in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2005, the year she was contracted as an Angel. Although she is no longer an Angel, Goulart walked in the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows. She has shot for top photographers such as Terry Richardson, David Sims, Greg Kadel, and Vincent Peters for such publications as French and Japanese Vogue, French magazine, and Numero. Goulart can be seen in the fall 2009 H&M campaign.
In 2011, Goulart appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. The same year, she ranked number 100 in FHM magazine’s list of the 100 Sexiest Women In The World.
In February 2013 she appeared on the cover of one of the four issues of Vogue Brasil, together with Bette Franke, Magdalena Frackowiak, and Mirte Maas.
She mentioned being single during a February 2008 interview on Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
Goulart, whose brother has type 1 diabetes, does charitable work, helping hospitals in her native Brazil to raise money to provide free insulin for diabetic children in need. She also has taken an active role with the Diabetes Research Institute (DRI) at the University of Miami, a recognized leader in cure-focused research. In 2009, Goulart became the DRI’s international ambassador and in that role helps to promote the work of the DRI throughout her travels.
- During an appearance on Late Night with Conan O’Brien in May 2006, O’Brien asked, “What kind of guy do you look for?”, and Goulart simply replied “You”.
- On February 28, 2007, on a follow-up appearance on the show, O’Brien asked to dance with her, and Goulart then suggested dinner after the show. She mentioned that, “In Brazil we have a saying—You’re married, but you’re not dead.”
- Goulart appeared again on Late Night, this time on February 7, 2008. She brought O’Brien a Valentine’s Day gift, which was later given away to an audience member, who ran with him to the backstage, for taking a good picture of O’Brien and Brian Williams. In the episode, she mentioned that she learned English by watching Woody Woodpecker cartoons.
- Goulart appeared in an episode of Two and a Half Men (Season 4, Episode 9: “Corey’s Been Dead for an Hour”).
- She made a guest appearance in the thirteenth episode of Season 3 of Entourage alongside fellow Angel Alessandra Ambrosio.
Photos Of Izabel Goulart
23 October 1981
São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (177 cm)|
|Weight||117 Pound (53Kg)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 34 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)|