Sugaring is an all natural, less painful way to remove unwanted hair. Sugaring has been around for thousands of years as a home made recipe as far back as ancient Egypt and Cleopatra. It has never been a retail product because of all the different sugaring recipes that work differently with many different skin types. So most people that use sugaring do it themselves at home.
Here is a simple commonly used recipe for a sugaring paste:
- 1 unit of sugar
- 1/8 unit of vinegar, or lemon/lime/orange juice (either fresh or from a bottle, not from concentrate)
- 1/8 unit of water
The ingredients need to be heated and mixed until they are completely liquid, after this the liquid will change from seemingly white to a light gold-like color (while being heated). Do not let it get too dark. When finished, the liquid needs to cool to room temperature.
You can always buy a pre-made sugaring paste below from Sugar Me Smooth.
Here are the 3 steps to applying sugaring:
- The paste is best used slightly above room temperature. So heating in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds will help with application.
- Using a flicker or stiff amplicator and a sugaring ball apply sugaring paste against your hair growth.
- Then flick the paste away from your body towards your hair growth. (opposite of waxing)
These process can be done over and over with the same sugaring paste until it loses its stickiness.
Sugaring hair removal also boasts a number of other benefits that the other hair removal methods don’t have. Sugaring also exfoliates and removes dead cells from your skin. Giving you fresher and better skin unlike how you feel after shaving. It also removes the hair follicles which make it harder for your hair to grow back. Slowly over time your hair will take longer and longer to grow and eventually you will find yourself only sugaring a few times a year.
- 100% Natural
- No Strips
- Water Soluble
- Gentle on Skin
- No Heating (unless wanted)
- Leads to Permanency
- Less Expensive
- Less Painful
With all these benefits it is almost goes without saying that sugaring is the best hair removal method on the market.